GUTEN MORGEN FOUNDATION-KENYA
Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya
Registered with Government of Kenya under NGO Council
Bank Account Details
Account Title :
Account Number :
Branch Code :
Swift Code :
Name of Bank : :
Introduction and Background
Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya is a registered organization based in Nairobi County. Its prime motto is capacity building and services delivery to the deprived and marginalized people of the society.
Considering their association with the development sector the group was cognizant of the plethora of problems plaguing the county. Consequently, the organization’s focus was not kept limited either in in terms of geography or sector. Whilst operating in different areas of the county, Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya has been carrying a range of interventions in the areas of education, health & hygiene, youth & women empowerment, emergency response & preparedness, governance, free legal aid, human rights, etc.
The type of activities undertaken by the organization range from capacity building to service delivery, with focus remaining on the deprived and marginalized segments of the society. Whereas in terms of operations what characterizes it’s functioning are its efforts to
- Providing immediate needs and other needs of orphans like food, clothing, shelter and elementary education for the orphans, training them in the self-reliance skills that will be available at the Centre.
- enlist involvement of the locals when initiating activities at the grass root level; and
- (c) mobilize women for bringing peace, tolerance, and development in society.
- The mission of Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya is to contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society
- “An enabling environment for the realization, respect, and protection of fundamental human rights among children, youth, women and develop their leadership qualities to make them active contributor within the society”
- The goal of Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya is to contribute in improving the living standard of the vulnerable communities of Kenya through community mobilization, capacity building, advocacy & strengthening of institutions at the grass root level.
- A sustainable strategy is devised to achieve the maximum, a need based and right based approach initiated ascertains the problem with fully community involvement and mobilizing all indigenous and local resources. The program goal is materialized with a helping hand from members donor agencies, Philanthropists
Thematic Program / Areas of Focus
- Youth Empowerment
- Community Physical Infrastructures
- Emergency Response and Preparedness
- Women Empowerment
- Free Legal Aid and Education
- The overall development objective of Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya is enhanced ability in the target communities to tackle their own economic, social and environmental problems for sustainable community development.
- To educate the deprived and under privilege common folk about the basic human rights and find basis to incorporate their efforts and mobilization to achieve maximum output
- To enable the community in development of local level institutions and assist them in undertaking community-based welfare and development interventions.
- To Provide quality legal assistance to juvenile victims of sexual abuse, exploitation and trafficking, especially street children in conflict with law and children in detention, vulnerable to sexual abuse
- To provide a place for students to relax and enjoy an inexpensive, healthy meal in a fun atmosphere. Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya also makes itself available to student groups for meetings and special events
- To devise and organize for women and children particularly to their rights to acquire educations and improve their health and earnings.
- To ensure full participation of local level grassroots organizations in decision making process including problem identification, planning, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation aimed at sustainability
- To facilitate easy access to credit and motivate communities for group saving leading towards small enterprise development and income generating activities aimed at economic empowerment.
- To work for environmental protection, pollution abatement, water supply and hygienic sanitation.
- To fight against drug abuse and launching programs aimed at rehabilitation of drug addicts
- To establish a resource Centre aimed at facilitating target communities and local level institutions through information, education and communication.
- Assisting communities in disaster prediction and mitigation through various relief and rehabilitation programs.
- To develop effective linkages with government line agencies, nongovernment organizations, and donor agencies working for community development.
- Human resource development and training aimed at skill enhancement and knowledge up gradation in order to ensure better implementation of participatory rural development programs by community partners.
- Conservation of natural resources, bio-diversity and environmental protection.
- Implementation of programs aimed at basic health care services (preventive and curative) including maternal health, child health, safe drinking water, hygienic sanitation, management of waste disposal, population welfare, immunization, etc. leading towards reduced mortality.
- To establish new community schools and upgrade the existing ones in order to provide education facilities to those most in need with special focus on female child.
- Implementation of women welfare and development programs aimed at socio-economic empowerment of women through their participation in all developmental programs.
- Raising awareness of environmental issues through advocacy, networking, public interest litigation and education.
- Organizing issue-specific and objective-oriented campaigns building social pressure to influence decision-making at national and international levels in favour of deprived, marginalized and vulnerable segments of the community.
What Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya Does?
- Influenced by the new development paradigm, which puts people before things, Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya follows a participatory approach in every sphere of its work. The traditional knowledge of the rural poor is valued and respected, and there is confidence that rural people are capable of self-reliant organization. On a practical level, the fundamental thrust of this approach is decentralization and empowerment.
- For a community to be able to work for its own development and reduce its dependency there is a need for full involvement at all stages of the development cycle. The participation of communities in identification, planning, management, implementation and evaluation of projects is a key factor in Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya work. Internally a participatory approach is adopted in managing the affairs of Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya.
- Externally, Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya role as a “change agent” helps to develop community management structures that are capable of managing their own development. This increases the ability of the community to demand accountability in all their affairs, from leaders and officials. It reinforces the community's belief in the value of their own development choices and efforts. These community management structures are not parallel structures, but are built upon traditional institutions, promoting equitable representation and participation.
- Human resource development is an essential part of our development work. This means ensuring that the community is trained and skilled, as well as organized, to maximize the potential of the community to take hold of its own development.
- Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya strongly believes in maximizing its impact by transferring field experiences into knowledge to influence the development policies and practices of NGOs, donors and government agencies. This is important for working towards the long-term goal of eradicating poverty.
- Respect for individual
- Participation in communal activities
- Transparency in all transactions
- Accountability to all the actions/deeds performed by an individual
- Cost efficiency
- Gender sensitivity
Values guiding our work
- TRUE: Ensuring transparency at all levels of our work
- PROFICIENCY: Providing creative expertise and strong commitment
- SOLIDARITY: Within our Organization and with the people we aim to support
- JUSTICE: Within our Organization as well as in society
- INTEGRITY To act according to the values we wish to promote
- FLEXIBILITY Showing our willingness to change and learn
- Guiding Principles:
Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya follows the below mentioned guiding principles in implementation of its projects/programs
- Use of indigenous knowledge
- Making efforts to achieve highest quality standards
- Promoting a culture of innovation and creativity
- Meeting deadlines
- Enhancing networking and coordination
- Facing challenges
- Highly qualified, experienced and devoted professionals and board members and staff;
- Adaptability to cope up and meet the requirements of diverse socio-cultural environment of the country.
- Overwhelming support of local people.
- Acceptance as a representative of common people of the area.
- Extensive network to undertake initiatives at grassroots;
- Availability of state-of-the-art modern equipment and tools;
- Strong partnerships for undertaking innovative initiatives;
- Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya basically works mainly for the poorest of the poor in different areas of the County. Its target groups include the men, women and children in the communities of the province who are still living in miserable conditions and deprived of very basic necessities of life. Besides, Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya also focuses upon the urban populace living in slums and other such area.
Reproductive Health and HIV Prevention
- This thematic area entails following important features for development:
- Establishment of community health centers at remote areas where people don’t have access to the health facilities.
- Develop awareness campaigns for HIV prevention, reproductive health; life skills-based education and sexual rights.
- Develop immunization programs for venereal diseases and epidemics.
- Organizing events for public health along with government.
- Under this theme Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya focuses on holistic development of children its protection and rights, following interventions are planned over the time:
- Child rights education and protection awareness at different levels and different stakeholders.
- Development of safe learning places for children at schools, hospitals, and community centers.
- Children confidence building programs, walks, sessions, campaigns, and trainings.
- Development of children groups and developing leadership skills in them.
- Women Empowerment aims at promotion women to take lead role in democratic norms and culture in the operational area. Two types of activities are undertaken in this theme: one aim at building capacities of women and communities and their groups to engage effectively with government and other stakeholders for getting their constitutional and legal social, economic and political rights, the other aims at working directly with state institutions for creating an environment that can guarantee the rights of women citizens. It also focuses on enhancing women income generation skills through capacity building and micro credit. Under this program following sub activities are also conducted:
Formation of local women groups and their capacity building.
- Community Based Infrastructure
- Under Community Based Infrastructure development, a wide variety of construction and rehabilitation of rural infrastructure schemes through community participation. Some examples are underground village drainage schemes, community latrines, water course lining, tube wells, and brick pavement in villages.
Free Legal Aid and Education
- Guten Morgen Foundation-Kenya is providing free legal aid and education through its established firm of senior lawyers to vulnerable and marginalized victims of society particularly to women and children.